Tuition Fees and Scholarships
Tuition FeesMAPNET Erasmus Mundus international path
Tuition fees differ depending on whether an applicant is considered a “European” or a “Third-country” student:
• European: € 3.500,00 per academic year;
• Third-country: € 6.500,00 per academic year.
Students awarded an Erasmus Mundus scholarship, either A or B, will have the fees covered and automatically deducted from the Amount II (see below) of the scholarship.
MAPNET local path
€ 2.000,00 per academic year (inclusive of health and accident insurance for the entire period of the Masters, lecture attendance, educational materials and tutorship during Masters thesis preparation). Logistics and travel expenses are to be borne by each participant.
Students awarded a scholarship from Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna will benefit of a tuition waiver.
MAPNET local path regulatory reference: DISCIPLINARE 2014-2016
ScholarshipsBoth local and international paths include the possibility to award scholarships to their applicants.
MAPNET Erasmus Mundus international path
EU and Third-country# applicants to MAPNET can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship in accordance with the criteria of the European Union.
#Definition of eligible third-country applicants:
- Citizens coming from all
countries other than:
- The 27 EU Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The UK)
- The EEA-EFTA states (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
- Applicants cannot have been residents of, or carried out their main activities (studies, work, etc.) in, any of the above countries for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years.
- CATEGORY A: full-study scholarship covering all necessary costs during the study course period for third-country students, as defined above;
- CATEGORY B: financial contribution to the students that do not fall within the Third-country applicant definition (i.e. European students and Third country students having been residents of, or carried out their main activities (studies, work, etc.) in, any of the above mentioned countries for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years.
|Contribution to travel,
installation and any other type of costs
||€ 3.000 - only if the Study Plan includes a mobility period to a Third-Country partner|
|Maximum contribution to
the Masters participation costs (tuitions, insurance
4.000 per semester
||€ 2.000 per semester|
||€ 1.000 per month||€ 500 per month|
|TOTAL for a
|From € 20.000 (without
mobility) up to
€ 23.000 (with mobility)
MAPNET students will have to carry out a period of study in at least two of the European countries represented in the Consortium. Each of these mandatory mobility periods must include a volume of study/research or equivalent (e.g. field work, laboratory activities, work placement or thesis research, etc.) corresponding to at least:
- 15 ECTS credits or one trimester for Third-Country university or
- 30 ECTS in the case of European universities;
Although most of the study period must be spent in the European countries represented in the Masters, if the Consortium includes a Third-Country partner (i.e. Osaka University in our case):
CATEGORY A scholarship holders can spend a learning/reaining/research/fieldwork period of a maximum of one trimester (i.e. 3 months or the equivalent of 15 ECTS) in this Third Country, under the direct supervision of the partner member concerned and only if this country is different from the student's country of origin; periods in ecess of this duration or spent in the students country of origin may not be covered by the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
CATEGORY B scholarship holders can spend a minimum of two months and up to half of their masters course studies in this Thitd-country, under the direct supervision of the partner member concerned; periods in excess of this duration may not be covered by the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
The number of applications by Third-country students is limited to a maximum of 3 Erasmus Mundus Masters Courses. In the case a student apply to more than three Courses, he/she will automatically be excluded from the selection for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
Individuals who have already benefited from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship are not eligible for a second scholarship.
Students benefiting from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship cannot benefit from another Community grant while pursuing their Erasmus Mundus Masters studies.
Erasmus Mundus scholarships are awarded exclusively for a full-time enrolment in one of the Course editions.
MAPNET local path
First year: 1 scholarship, reserved to the first ranked applicants.
Second year: 1 scholarship reserved to the student who registers the best academic performance in the first academic year.
The scholarship covers the annual tuition fee to the Masters (including national health and accident insurance), the board and lodging of the awarded student. Board and lodging will be provided and chosen by Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.