Visiting ScholarsEU and Third-Country scholars* may apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarships to carry out research and teaching within the MAPNET Masters Course international path for a limited period of time in accordance with the following:
- Scholarships for scholars employed in Third-Country institutions (including Osaka University) who will be selected by the MAPNET Consortium to contribute to the joint programme;
- Scholarships for scholars employed in EU institutions
acting as a full partner institution (i.e. Scuola
Superiore Sant'Anna, Techniche Universitat Berlin and Aston
University) for the purpose of
contributing to the joint programme within the MAPNET
partner Osaka University.
Erasmus Mundus scholars will receive € 1.200/week for a maximum duration of 3 months per scholar in order to cover living allowance, including travel costs. Scholarships will therefore vary from a total of € 2.400 for a two-week stay, to € 14.400 for a 3-month stay. Please check each call for the scholarships available.
MAPNET selected scholars granted an Erasmus Mundus scholarship must:
- Commit themselves to actively participate in the MAPNET Masters Course activities;
- Spend a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of three months in the partner institutions;
- Perform teaching/research/student tutoring activities in the European partner institutions for what concerns Third-Country scholars, and in the MAPNET partner Osaka University for what concerns European scholars;
- Bring concrete added value to the course and students
(through teaching of specific classes, leading and
participating in seminars or workshops, monitoring and
tutoring student research/project activities, participating
in thesis reviews, preparing new teaching modules, etc.);
MAPNET visiting scholars should be able to teach in English.
Interested applicants shall send to the MAPNET Consortium: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form (download here)
- An extensive Curriculum Vitae
*a person with outstanding academic and/or professional experience who lectures or conducts research in a higher education institution or a research organisation established in accordance with national legislation and practice